In the framework of the DFG-funded CRC 1292 “Targeting convergent mechanisms of inefficient immunity in tumors and chronic infections” the proteomics unit of TPQ01 headed by Prof. Dr. Stefan Tenzer at the Institute of Immunology is looking for a Postdoc (m/f/d) on Spatial Proteomics in full-time (100%). For more information please visit our Core Facility homepage or our group's homepage.
*Your tasks include:
*1. Development, optimization, and implementation of novel workflows to study the tumor microenvironment and tumor-immune cell interactions by advanced quantitative and spatial proteomics
- Perform advanced bioinformatics and statistical analysis of MS datasets, visualization and reporting of the performed analyses
- Design and manage proteomics projects and collaborate with other research labs within the CRC
- Writing scientific publications, presentation of research findings in national and/or international conferences, contribution to new project proposals
- Participation in supervision and mentoring of students
- Doctor’s (PhD) degree or MSc with at least 2 years of experience in the field of bioinformatics, computational biology, data science, statistics, computational biology, or related natural science (with computational background).
- Experience in high-resolution LC-MS and proteomics is essential
- Sound experience in data analysis and statistics, programming/script languages including Python and R
- High degree of analytical thinking and creativity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, organisational talent
- High motivation, work self-dependently and high flexibility
- Strong visual, verbal and written communication skills in English
- Stimulating, diverse and highly international research environment
- State of the art infrastructure for Mass Spectrometry, data analysis and high throughput computing
- Flexible working hours, partial home office possible, and advanced training opportunities
- Competitive salary (E13) and health care benefits according to the company-based tariff agreement
- The position is initially limited to four years, with the possibility of contract extension.
- Childcare (kindergarten): if places are available
- Job ticket
Competitive salary (E13) and health care benefits according to the company-based tariff agreement