Job Reference Number: 5000
The Medical Faculty of the Johannes Kepler University has an opening (full time employment, initially 2-year contract) at the Core Facility for Biomedical Mass Spectrometry.
The unit with focus on biomedical research was established to provide access to highly competitive approaches in the areas of proteomics and metabolomics to basic and clinical researchers using latest technological developments and semi-automation. It is one of the technological core competence facilities of the Center for Medical Research, which is the primary center for experimental, biomedical research using cutting-edge large instruments in Upper Austria. Research programs are specialized on the molecular causes of human disease with the aim to improve diagnosis, prognosis ant therapy.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- In your new role, you take lead and support the team in establishing and developing MS-based analytics, including pre- and postanalytics in particular: i) State-of-the-art quantitative approaches, such as LFQ, MRM, SILAC, TMT, ii) Chemoproteomics, iii) Proximity labelling, iv) Intact mass analysis of proteins and protein complexes, v) Partial automation of workflows using robotics and software applications (batch processing and analysis)
- You are the responsible expert for the professional application of a selection of the above-mentioned approaches, including software analysis
- You develop customized analytics as a full member in research collaborations
- Full access to cutting edge research infrastructure is at your disposal to complete research aims
- You participate in training and supervision of research assistants and students
- You keep large instruments operational, perform and organize maintenance and provide core facility services
- Quality management
- Documentation according to good laboratory practice
- University degree in natural sciences, medicine or pharmacy with focus relevant for biomedical mass spectrometry (professional experience or PhD preferred); creative thinking is welcome and encouraged
- Enthusiastic about mass spectrometry, new technological developments as well as biomedical research and the motivation to contribute to human health via corresponding research
- Expertise and preferably hands-on experience in the field of mass spectrometry or pre-/post-analytics, as well as a strong interest in continuing education in analytical innovations and their biomedical research application
- Experience in relevant software (e.g. Skyline, MaxQuant, etc.) and interest in improving software tools (programming skills are a plus)
- Experience and interest in disseminating scientific results in international, peer-reviewed journals
- Experience and interest in transferring methodological and scientific knowledge
- Proven team player with excellent communication skills in the interaction with users and research collaborators
- Excellent spoken and written German and English (in one language level C2, second language B2)
What We Offer:
- On the basis of full-time employment (40 hours/week) the minimum salary in accordance with the collective agreement is € 3,058.60 gross per month as a Graduate Teaching Assistant holding a Diploma/Master’s degree and € 4,061.50 gross per month as a University Assistant holding a Doctorate/Ph.D. degree (14 x per year, CA Job Grade: B1)
- Stable employer
- Attractive campus environment with good public transportation connections
- Attractive continual educational opportunities
- State-of-the-art research infrastructure
- Dynamic research environment
- Exercise and sports classes (USI)
- …and much more
Application Deadline: August 17, 2022.
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
If you have questions, please contact: Dr. Oliver Drews, E Mail: email@example.com or Univ.Prof. Mag. Dr. David Bernhard, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.