BIOASTER is the only Technological Research Institute in the field of health in France. Dedicated to infectiology and microbiology, it brings together the skills of industry and public research to respond to health issues related to infectious diseases. A scientific cooperation foundation endowed with its own infrastructure and resources, the IRT BIOASTER is firmly committed to economic and industrial development, creating wealth and jobs.
*Position Mission: *
Within the OMICs hub and in connection with its manager developer and integrator of new methods/analysis tools within the framework of BIOASTER projects on omics data (metabolomics and proteomics in particular).
Attachment: OMICs hub
*Main activities : *
- Choose and implement different analysis solutions.
- Develop/adapt pipelines adapted to experimental designs, as part of research projects applied to omics data, in microbiology and/or infectiology, and carry out the necessary bibliographic research.
- Take charge :
- the implementation of the method for processing the data produced within the projects, in conjunction with the biologists, biochemists and biostatisticians of BIOASTER
- the interpretation of data with project managers and scientific experts,
- Automate and document analysis flows in accordance with the practices of the Omics bioinformatics team
- Communicate the results obtained in written form (project reports, scientific publications, patents) and orally (progress meetings, congresses, etc.) in French and in English.
- Participate in the ideation and maturation of research projects to build the answers to the scientific question, define the technical competence, the budget and the schedule.
- Adhere to the quality approach and meet the requirements of ISO-9001 certification.
- Training Engineer in bioinformatics with a minimum of 5 years of experience in omics data analysis in a research environment or PhD in bioinformatics carried out in this field
- During your previous experiences, you have developed the following skills:
- In-depth knowledge of bioinformatics and bio-statistical analysis, experience in the analysis of data from NMR and/or mass spectrometry (MS)
- Expertise in one of the Python, Bash or R languages
- Mastering the Git versioning tool
- Master the Linux environment (command line, tools, ...), with knowledge of client/server architectures.
- A first experience in the following domains and technologies would be appreciated: HPC (Slurm - SGE), nextflow, snakemake, Conda, Modules, Docker/Singularity
Knowledge of another programming language would be a plus: perl, groovy, php, mysql, C/C++
- Data Visualization,
- Basic knowledge in biology, biochemistry.
- Experience or notions of analysis in (meta)genomics and/or transcriptomics is a real plus.
- Fluent English (writing and presentations).
- Rigor, organization and method
- Team spirit
- Listening and communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills and spirit of synthesis
- Editorial quality
Contract : Permanent
Localisation: Lyon Gerland