The Max F. Perutz Laboratories Support GmbH is a joint venture of the University of Vienna and the Medical University of Vienna, supporting around 450 scientists from more than 40 nations in biomedical research. For our Mass Spectrometry Facility we are hiring a
Scientist or Research Technician in Proteomics (40 hours)
The Mass Spectrometry Facility performs state-of-the-art proteomics analyses for more than 30 research groups on campus and beyond. You will support our team in performing proteomics analyses, from sample preparation to data analysis, in finding creative solutions to new problems and in evaluating, implementing, and devising new methodology.
- Sample preparation, quality control, analysis of samples on LC-MS/MS instruments
- Data analysis using MaxQuant, Proteome Discoverer, and other software
- Document all procedures and communicate results to customers
- Develop or implement new proteomics methods
- Take responsibility for projects and report to lab-head
- Guide or train technical staff, students, and customers
- Contribute to lab maintenance & organization
- Education: Master (or equivalent) in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or similar; in exceptional cases technicians or Bachelors with extensive experience in proteomics or LC-MS/MS and a strong motivation to further develop their skills
- Hands-on experience in a proteomics laboratory (min. 1 year)
- Excellent organizational and technical skills in the wet-lab with a high degree of reliability and diligence
- Basic computer skills (e.g. file handling & MS Office) mandatory, bioinformatic skills of advantage (e.g. R or Python)
- Curiosity for new methods and challenges
- Good communication skills, self-reliant but a team player, very good command of English (oral and written)
- Stimulating, supportive, and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and greatly expand your expertise on modern proteomics
- Opportunities to explore new methodology and to contribute to the exciting research at Max Perutz Labs
- At MSc level we offer a minimum salary of EUR 2500 (gross per month) for 40h, and on technician level of EUR 2150 (gross per month) with possible overpayment depending on qualification and work experience.
- The position is available from January 2020 onwards until filled.