The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Southern Denmark (Associate Professor Veit Schwämmle and Associate Professor Richard Röttger) invite applications for a postdoctoral fellowship within the field of computational proteomics to be filled by 1 March 2020 or soon thereafter, for a period of one year extendable for another year. Application deadline: 15 February 2020.
The research project entails the implementation and optimization of deep learning models for enhanced identification of peptides and proteins from mass spectrometry data. The selected candidate will use high-end artificial intelligence methods to fully utilize the information contained in data from tandem LC-MS experiments, with the aim to vastly reduce both instrument time and expenses.
We are seeking outstanding candidates with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, who are strong in written and oral communication (in English), and have documented experience in machine learning (in particular deep learning) and computational proteomics or bioinformatics. Expertise in the analysis of protein mass spectrometry data is an advantage, but not a requirement. The successful candidate will participate in independent research projects and assist in the supervision of undergraduate students.
The application must include the following:
• Letter of motivation, including details on qualifications within the subject area (max. one page).
• A curriculum vitae including information on previous employment, list of programming skills mastered by the applicant, and teaching and supervision experience.
• A certified copy of your PhD degree certificate.
• A full list of publications stating the scientific publications on which the applicant wishes to rely.
• At least one letter of recommendation from supervisors or previous employers. Should your referees wish to send their letters directly to us, please have them use e-mail: email@example.com mentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line. And please note that these also need to reach us before deadline.