The Proteomics Team at EMBL-EBI is looking for an experienced Computational Scientist to coordinate the team operations. We are responsible of the maintenance and further development of the PRIDE database and related tools and resources, including the world-leading PRIDE Archive (the archival component of PRIDE), PRIDE Peptidome, and the PX Submission tool, among others. We are also leading ProteomeXchange, standardising public proteomics data submission and dissemination worldwide in collaboration with partners in the USA, China and Japan.Our goal is to help researchers to make the most of public proteomics data!
Additionally, we heavily contribute to the activities of the Proteomics Standards Initiative (PSI) and the ELIXIR Proteomics Community. We also develop open data analysis pipelines for different proteomics experimental approaches, with the aim of improving scientific reproducibility. Finally, we reanalyse and disseminate proteomics data from PRIDE into other EMBL-EBI resources such as Expression Atlas, Ensembl and UniProt.
*Your role * You will lead the day-to-day management of the work required to maintain and further develop the resources the team is responsible of. On behalf of the team leader, the operations Coordinator will help in directing the work of the group and offer significant contributions to many of the projects the team is involved in. Additionally, the successful candidate will also be expected to work with the wider proteomics community (in the context of ProteomeXchange, PSI and/or ELIXIR activities), contribute to writing papers and grant proposals.
Exciting new areas of work for the team in the near future include the development of infrastructure and policy for the management of sensitive human proteomics data, improvements in the integration of reanalyzed datasets and in the dissemination of the results, and data integration activities with PDB (Protein Data Bank), using chemical cross-linking as the driver use case. The initial appointment for this position will be 3 years although there are already funds secured till mid-2026. Therefore there is a potential for extension till that date (and beyond) based on successful delivery of project and the availability of continued external funding.
You will be reporting to the Proteomics Team Leader, Juan Antonio Vizcaíno. The main responsibilities will be:
Required qualifications/ education:
You might also have:
Enjoy lots of benefits:
- Financial incentives: Monthly family, child and non-resident allowances, annual salary review, pension scheme including 17% employer contribution, death benefit, long-term care, accident-at-work and unemployment insurances
- Flexible working arrangements
- Private medical insurance for you and your immediate family (including all prescriptions and generous dental & optical cover)
- Generous time off: 30 days annual leave per year, in addition to eight bank holidays
- Relocation package including installation grant (if required)
- Campus life: Free shuttle bus to and from work, on-site library, subsidised on-site gym and cafeteria, casual dress code, extensive sports and social club activities (on campus and remotely)
- Family benefits: On-site nursery, 10 days of child sick leave, generous parental leave, holiday clubs on campus and monthly family and child allowances
- Benefits for non-UK residents: Visa exemption, education grant for private schooling, financial support to travel back to your home country every second year and a monthly non-resident allowance.
All the details are available at https://www.embl.org/jobs/position/EBI01919. Deadline for applications is November 14.