We are looking for a highly motivated LC-MS expert to join our laboratory in the Bioprocess Sciences Analytical group in order to expand our mass spectrometry team. In this role your responsibilities will include development and optimization of new LC-MS(/MS) assay for large molecule drugs to support manufacturing process development; design, planning and execution of assigned development-related experiments using existing or investigational procedures. Your task will also include troubleshooting and maintain the LC-MS equipment, to train and mentor technical staff. Who you are:
• You have at least an university degree in chemistry, biochemistry or a related subject (no PhD)
• A minimum of 3 years experience in development of LC- MS(/MS) method preferably in the analysis of recombinant protein, peptides in complex mixture.
• Hands-on experience in liquid chromatography (including UPLC) and high resolution mass spectrometry (ideally Waters and Thermo instruments) and in sample preparation (ideally automation) is a plus.
• Practical experience with therapeutic proteins and protein analysis tools (size-exclusion chromatography, hydrophobic interaction chromatography…) will be a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and at least good skills in English
• Rigorous attention to detail and ability to work effectively on interdisciplinary team of USP and DSP scientists, Quality Assurance, and other departmental personnel.
• Excellent data analysis skills and ability to critically review data for scientific/technical merit and accuracy
• High degree of self-motivation, commitment, reliability and flexibility to provide superior service for our customers